Tuesday 22 October 2013

He Can't Fly

(a poetic response to the sound of hollyhocks by Hugh Garner)

He is a caterpillar when he was born.

He lives in a cocoon.

His cocoon is too hard.

He will become a butterfly in some day.

There is a butterfly lives in his heart.

The butterfly desires freedom.

He is eager to flap his wings to get the place he wants.

So, he tries to get out of it and becomes a butterfly.

But it doesn’t work.

He begins to feel despair and helpless.

Finally he died in the cocoon.

Even though, he died, he still can’t leave the cocoon.

(the picture comes from:http://www.sthopd.net/ImgX/Butterfly/Named/Sakura_butterfly_against_blue_sky.jpg)

8 comments:

  1. I like the metaphor you used in the poem! Butterfly and the desire for freedom really make people relate. I enjoyed reading it very much:)
    ZC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like your literary technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you described his dream as a butterfly, I enjoyed reading your poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture and the description words in your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picture and nice poem! I like the way how you used metaphor:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the metaphor you used in your poem. That's pretty good! Nice poem and nice picture!
    HY

    ReplyDelete